- Peel from your eyes their woolen ennui.
- Melt your soul softly into the horizon
- Now sunset flamed, all scarlets, violets
- And corals – your numinous projections.
- Absorb the glistening hues and listen
- To the unfolding of your hurts, entombed
- As they were in the moldiest heart corners.
- Inhale the cerulean vigor as it washes
- Over and among the encrusted passions
- Dormant, subverted in the daily drudge.
- Savor the tang as your senses, once
- Deadened, warble to life in a building
- Crescendo. At the climax, faculties tingling,
- Are the sparks that ignite the poem.
4 thoughts on “Poetry Writing Prompts: The First”
LikeLiked by 1 person
Going to try to do most of the month. Interesting prompt.
I love #10! Thank you for sharing ❤